Tuesday 25 October 2011

Imagine if time travel was possible

The last 6 months have been incredible now just imagine if time travel was possible when would you go back to?  I have my own theory it would have to be back to perhaps the darkest hour in City's recent past.

I'd go back exactly 13 years to October 1998 it had been 6 months since City's relegation to what is now League One and we'd hardly started well hanging around mid table.  Despite it all crowds at Maine Road were pretty healthy smashing the average for the division.

Now just imagine telling your 1998 self that City have just annihilated United 6-1 imagine telling them that we were in the Champions League and that we'd won the FA Cup in May.  Following that up by informing yourself that there would be an amazing afternoon at Wembley the next May in the playoffs and I'm almost certain my 1998 self would ask for some of what I was smoking.  Either that or calling for "those nice young men in their clean white coats"

With all the positive things happening at the moment sometimes a bad result causes a barrage of abuse from critics and the snipers are out in force.  For me I tend to think back to how I felt back in 1998 "CITY TILL I DIE" I cried then, I still cry it now no matter what I am always will be a proud blue just like many people happy to take my children to watch the club if a little jealous they won't suffer the lows we felt!

A lot has changed since 1998 I have loved "the journey" I'm hoping for many more highs!

No comments:

Post a Comment